Higher Education Considerations
1. Admission criteria - do you fit?
2. Program description - does it get you where you want to go?
3. Location - is it somewhere you want to live?
4. Environment - does it feel like a good fit?
5. Cost - can you afford it? (See next column)
6. Graduation rate - do most students complete the program?
7. Career placement - do most students find work?
8. Social Life - does the college have activities for you?
ASD College/Career Readiness
Alaska Career Information System (AKCIS)
College Board Big Future
Frontier Tutoring free college planning session
CollegeBound Search Network
The Common Application
US News College Rankings
Information on Majors
Virtual Campus Tours
Financial Aid Information
Steps to pay for college:
1. Research college costs and realistic possibilities
2. Discuss family contribution
3. Research possible scholarships
4. Complete the FAFSA (January)
5. Complete all financial aid forms from schools
6. Review your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
7. Review your financial aid award letter
8. Investigate loan sources
9. Determine if costs merit your school choice
10. Continue to pursue scholarship possibilities
Alaska Performance Scholarship
UA Scholars Program
ASD Comprehensive Scholarship List
Western Undergraduate Exchange
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FinAid Tuition Information
My Scholly Ap
My College Dollars
Fastweb Scholarship Search
Merit Aid Scholarships
Simple Tuition Loans
The A.C.T. (for all ACT dates and registration)
The S.A.T. (for all SAT dates and registration)
Summary of Test Prep Options
Frontier Test Prep
Edsortium Test Prep
Kaplan Test Prep
Princeton Review TestPrep
Method Test Prep
Enter Referral Code: tkn.42415647
for free test mateials
Revolution Test Prep